September 2023 Favourites
- Past Lives (2023) – I thought I made it through without shedding a tear, but those final 5 minutes had be sobbing.
- Cicada (2020)
- The King of Comedy (1982)
- Goodfellas (1990)
- Taxi Driver (1976) – These last three were long overdue and brilliant. I am Scorsese and DeNiro/angry men’d out! October must be happier more women-led films.
- Starstruck (2021 – ) – (series 3). Brilliant
- Abbott Elementary (2021 – ) (last half of season 2)
- Taskmaster NZ (2020 – ) (series 1 and 2). As good as the UK version. I love Paul so much more than Alex!
- Red, White & Royal Blue – Casey McQuiston (including bonus chapter!)
“Before you, I was all right letting everything happen to me. I honestly have never thought I deserved to choose.” His hand moves, fingertips brushing a curl behind Alex’s ear. “But you treat me like I do.”
- Bi: The Hidden Culture, History and Science of Bisexuality – Julia Shaw (audiobook and print)
- GUTS – Maybe better than SOUR. Obsessed with the high energy ones: get him back!, bad idea right?, all-american bitch, love is embarassing, ballad of a homeschooled girl
- Into Your Room – Holly Humberstone – I thought about this song being about Alex and Henry from Red, White & Royal Blue so naturally it’s my current number 1 on my On Repeat
- Vertigo – Griff – Griff only makes beautiful songs it seems.
- current location – LANY
- Comfort – Nicholas Galitzine
- None this month again. I seem to be out of love with them for a bit.
- My first dermaplaning experience – I fear I may become addicted
- Making those TikTok 2 ingredient flatbreads – I fear I may become addicted to this too
This is it now. 2 big months lined up for me, followed by December.