August 2023 Favourites
- Red White and Royal Blue (2023) – If there is a top favourite thing of the month it’s this. It has practically consumed me. Next month my favourite will be the book, which I’m taking my time with to savour. This film means a lot to me. It’s a forever favourite and comfort movie. I never rewatch films this quickly but I watched it 3 times in August.
- Brief Encounter (1945) – Brilliant. Devastating.
- Joy Ride (2023) – A stupid, silly moment in this has been my biggest laugh of 2023.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)
- Millennium Actress (2001)
- Theater Camp (2023) – The Past Life seminar had me laughing loudly!
- Heartstopper (season 2)
- The Righteous Gemstones (2020 – ) – season 3. Incredible television. Best season so far. Baby Billy’s Bible Bonkers, plus Kelvin and Keefe!!
- Carrie Soto Is Back – Taylor Jenkins Reid
“And I wonder for a moment why I have spent all my time worried about losing things, when there is so much here.”
- Having my question answered in Hunter Harris’ Birthday AMA
- The Time Is Now (To Announce Your Divorce) – Hung Up
- MUNA – Haven’t stopped listening to them for a year and the fact I saw them live in August means I won’t be stopping anytime soon.
- bad idea right? – Olivia Rodrigo
- Snow Angel – Reneé Rapp (2023) – I’m particularly loving So What Now, Pretty Girls, Talk To Much, and the title single is still one of the best things Reneé Rapp has done. I can’t wait to see her live.
- Single Soon – Selena Gomez
Podcasts, especially TV/film ones, have taken a backseat in August, I’ll get back to them soon. Notice I didn’t have any last month either.
- Jessica Chastain on SmartLess – Major eldest daughter vibes which I relate to. Love her!
- The Lion King at the Hippodrome
- Seeing my favourite band live
- Hanging out with my bridal party and family