May 2023 Favourites
Two holidays, the first in years, and I only watched six films!
- Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. (2023) – My type of film. I looooved.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 2023) – best thing MCU has dropped in ages because of James Gunn, not the rest of Marvel.
- Rye Lane (2023)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006) – One of those long overdue rewatches that makes you feel whole again.
All my TV watching in May was my weekly TV continued:
- Barry (season 4)
- Succession (Season 4)
- Taskmaster (series 15)
- Book Lovers – Emily Henry – I loved this! The characters, the rom-com but kinda realistic plot, the setting, and the theme of sisters:
“You can take the city person out of the city, but the city will always be in them. I think it’s the same for sisters. Anywhere we go, we won’t leave each other. We couldn’t even if we wanted to. And we don’t. We never will.”
- Need To Go Back to Not Knowing Who Matty Healy Is – Hung Up
Arguments for both sides of the ‘Young Al Pacino vs Young Robert De Niro’ debate:
At a wedding and having a big debate rn. Please vote. Who was hotter?
— Ashley Reese (@offbeatorbit) May 14, 2023
- Hits Different – Taylor Swift I wanted to hate it, like a spoilt child whose present didn’t arrive on time (the song released months after the CD release in the US) but I can’t help it!
Cowboy Take Me Away – The Chicks
- Anything But Me – MUNA
- Facebook Friends – NIKI
- Kiell Smith-Bynoe on Off Menu – hilarious. Actually kills me!
- Paul Anka, The Russo Brothers, and Bill Hader episodes of SmartLess.
- Being on holiday!
- Food! I ate sooo good in May.