January 2023 Favourites
A few of my favourite things I enjoyed this month.
- The Menu (2022)
- Cop Land (1997)
- The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017)
- Shithouse (2020) – I loooove Cooper Raiff’s films. Can’t wait to see his future stuff.
- A Man Called Otto (2022)
- The Fabelmans (2022) – Loved this type of Spielberg.
- The White Lotus – season 2 (2022)
- Mythic Quest season 3 episode 7 (2022)
- Veep season 7 (2019) – I finished it! Loved it.
- The Last of Us (2023) – Peak TV. I am obsessed.
- Anne with an E season 1 and 2 (2017 – 2019) – About time. Warm hug of a show.
- The Audacity – Katherine Ryan
- Daisy Jones and the Six audiobook – Re-listening before the new TV series
- Everything to Everyone – Renee Rapp – Specifically Colorado and Don’t Tell My Mum
- Been listening to right where you left me by Taylor Swift a lot, too.
- The Last of Us Deep Dive episodes of The Prestige TV (Ringer) – Joanna Robsin and Mallory Rubin are a huge part of my TV enjoyment
- The Dana Carvey episode of SmartLess
- The Paul Mescal episode of Off Menu
I think I have eaten more pain au chocolates in this month than I have any other month of my life. Love hosting friends and family and serving big breakfasts (because there are usually leftovers!)
Big wins at the Golden Globes I was happy with including: Colin Farrell for The Banshees of Inisherin, Jeremy Allen White for The Bear, and Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio. Award season baby!
Exciting month for wedding plans: buying my dress and ticking things off the list. Hosting nights-in with family and friends, running a few 5Ks and enjoying moving my body. Taking time to feel content and grateful.