2022 has, so far, been busier than I predicted. The pandemic isn’t over, yet life is slowly returning to something like ‘normal’.
Normal in the first quarter of 2022 for me has included: a family wedding, a trip to London to see a West End show, going to the cinema frequently again, hosting friends and overnight stays, booking a trip away, returning to the office for work, and, because we are now ‘living with covid’: also having Covid.
I haven’t had the time to blog even though I am desperate too, which my draft posts will illustrate. The first 4 months of the year seems like a good time for a classic check-in of all my favourite things of 2022 so far though.
I never expected this list to be big, given I mostly replay old playlists.
- Anyone For You (Tiger Lily) – George Ezra
- Baby – Aitch, Ashanti
- Where Did You Go (feat. MNEK) – Jax Jones
- Cobra Kai season 4
- After Life series 3
- Yellowjackets season 1
- Peacemaker season 1
- This Is Going To Hurt
- The Sex Lives of College Girls
- Seinfeld (still plodding along with it)
- Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom – Leigh Bardugo
- Conversations with Friends – Sally Rooney
- Persuasion – Jane Austen
- And Away – Bob Mortimer
New films I have watched January – April that I really enjoyed:
- The Lost Daughter (2021)
- Princess Cyd (2017)
- West Side Story (2021)
- Rewatching the Rocky series
- Jackass Forever (2022)
- Boiling Point (2021)
- Petite Maman (2021)
- The Batman (2022)
- Her (2013
- Mysterious Skin (2004)
- Muriel’s Wedding (1994)
- Turning Red (2022)
- Adrienne (2021)
- Apollo 10 1/2: A Space Age Childhood (2022)
- Old Henry (2022)
- The Beguiled (2017)
- The Bad Guys (2022)
- The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022)
- Seeing Moulin Rouge!
- Hen party and wedding
- Happy, exciting personal life
- Seeing family and hosting friends
I hope to find some more time to blog soon, as I have lots of thoughts I want to share. I have a busy next few months, which will then be followed by an intensely busy year of planning something exciting. Blogging though is something I need to prioritise.